Monday, January 3, 2011

More on the Dart Tag '6' vs the Quick 16- more oomph?

Yes, this man knows Nerf wars. Nice hat dude. :P
I invited Neil from the Canberra + Southern NSW Dart Tag crew (they really need a shorter name!) to Urban Taggers headquarters (ie my apartment) to test out the new Dart Tag Quick 16 and the '6'.  I'd already reported that we found the '6' to be more powerful than the Quick 16 but being mechanically a goober I had no real idea WHY this was so. Neil however managed to shed some light on this:

"Having tested both the blasters I noticed straight away the Quick6 had more 'punch'. On closer examination I found it was purely due to the fact the 'guts' (i.e. the working parts) of the gun are in the front third of the blaster, and when cocked the dart is chambered right in the front of the blaster, thus cutting down the distance it travels internally. 
"The Quick 16 chambers the dart in approximately the middle of the blaster where the magazine is. So whilst the Quick6 might look like a Recon, the layout of the internals is completely different."

Yes. What he said:)

Update: The Quick 16 AND the '6' are a 16 round and 6 round blaster respectively; PLUS one in the chamber. Useful to know, but the fact you can quickly reload on the fly does mean you don't have to worry about running out easily.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you can get these in canada and BTW AWESOME GUNS!!!! I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO RELOAD ON THE FLY

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol its so funny that an aussie gets all the new guns even tho we get guns last

    ReplyDelete